Κυριακή 19 Ιουλίου 2020

Robbie - Maria Daines




Oh my shadow, lost to time but not to heartbeats of the spirit living on Oh the love, cannot be stolen, never taken, never broken though you're gone Oh the boy who stayed so close and never wandered from the safety of my side You were my joy, and I am haunted by the loss you never wished to leave behind. Time is passed And all our treasures roll too far away Death is harsh and in our mother's warmth we long to stay Of Robbie Burns and brave young masters of the verses and the poetry of life You took his name and took your mischief into realms that echo through the dawn of time Oh Rannoch's friend, and you and Shoni gazed on Lennon through the glass, you knew so much And to the end, I saw it coming and I couldn't dream the dream that you would mend Time is passed And all our treasures roll too far away Death is harsh and in our mother's warmth we long to stay Now I recall, those days of summer and the smiles you gave from love so deep inside And through it all, there is no power greater than the heart of canine full of pride Oh the night, is always blinding in the hour I hear the calling out of sight And now I know, you're with my spirit, you're my healing, you're my home, you are my light...