Σάββατο 3 Απριλίου 2021

A Wing and a Prayer - Maria Daines

 


 

Not going back with my head hung low The place on the map is different now I bought a new book, found a new road New shoes for the journey, a tale to be told The things that I wanted I don't want now The clown ran away, found a way out The circus left town in a smoky black cloud I waved it away and laughed in the crowd Let the sky fall, I'll cry when it's over The cards have been played, the deck fell apart Take the weight of the world from my shoulder I'll build a new fort around this old heart When the light fails close all the curtains Take the last bow, the helpers are there Time fades and life is uncertain Now is the time, a wing and a prayer I read all the rules and I didn't like them Never could fall when I knew I could stand I wouldn't give in and I wouldn't stop fighting Shouted my corner until I was banned Knew I was right, told them their fortune Nobody takes a cheap shot at me I did all the rounds and then started walking Hammered the chains, it's time to be free Let the sky fall, I'll cry now it's over The cards have been played, the deck fell apart Take the weight of the world from my shoulder I'll build a new fort around this old heart When the light fails close all the curtains Take the last bow, the helpers are there Time fades and life is uncertain Now is the time, a wing and a prayer Let the sky fall, I'll cry now it's over The cards have been played, the deck fell apart Take the weight of the world from my shoulder I'll build a new fort around this old heart When the light fails close all the curtains Take the last bow, the helpers are there Time fades and life is uncertain Now is the time, a wing and a prayer A wing and a prayer The last bow and the helpers are there A wing and a prayer…