Παρασκευή 15 Απριλίου 2016

But Now I'm Back - Pink Martini





My dear Maria 
I'm here to see ya 
Won't you please, please open the door 
I brought ya flowers 
Been waitin' hours 
Can't stand it anymore 

So here's what happened 
While you were nappin' 
I just went out for a snack 
I was feelin' famished 
And then I vanished... 
But now I'm back 

Now he's back 
Had a snack 
Now he's back 

My heart is burning 
For that love of ours 
Yearning 
For that sea of stars 
Let me in so I can prove to you 
That no one else 
Can love you, girl 
The way that I do 

Oh, how I miss ya 
I wanna kiss ya 
And hold you close 
From dusk to dawn 
So let's just make up 
And when you wake up 
I promise not to be gone 

You know I love ya 
Dream only of ya 
So please, please cut me some slack 
I went away 
Just a couple of days... 
But now I'm back 

Now he's back 
Cut him slack 
Now he's back 

Maria, baby, 
I guess that maybe 
You're still a little angry with me 
But it's getting late and 
The boys are waitin' 
Gotta get something to eat 

I better go now 
I hope you know now 
I love you, that's a fact 
Gotta hurry 
But don't you worry, babe... 
Cause I'll be back 

He'll be back 
It's a fact 
He'll be back 
Don't attack...