Κυριακή 13 Φεβρουαρίου 2022

Goodbye - Maria Daines

 



Go on and drain the sea Lose the colour of the sky Leave nothing there for me I have no tears to cry Let darkness be my veil Let wood encase my heart Burn the ships that sail Run aground this empty ark Take all you ever wanted From the hand that I hold back The things you took for granted Are all boxed up and packed A measure has no meaning When the quantity has gone A stone dropped in the ocean Will stay where it belongs Goodbye, goodbye This is my last goodbye Goodbye, goodbye I have no tears to cry Ain't it funny how the silence Points to mediocrity Yet when you were my tyrant You were king and home to me And I'll take with me the pictures Of you smiling 'neath the sails And cast away my treasures As the sun above me pales Goodbye, goodbye This is my last goodbye Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye I have no tears to cry Go on and drain the seas Lose the colour of the sky Leave nothing there for me I have no tears to cry Let darkness be my veil Let wood encase my heart Burn the ships that sail Run aground this empty ark Goodbye, goodbye This is my last goodbye Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye I have no tears to cry, to cry No tears to cry, so it’s goodbye No tears to cry, no tears to cry